Thursday, July 5, 2007

4th of July

So what better way to celebrate the fourth of July than to visit an exhibition on Rock 'n' Roll at the Fondation Cartier (pour l'art contemporain)? This was pretty sweet, and I kindiv wish I grew up in the 40s- the music was wicked wild. The exhibition mainly consisted of a time lime that integrated American history, world history, and the history of rock from 1939-1959. Every 5 feet there was a booth with headphones that allowed you to sample different tunes from the time, such as hits by Elvis , Little Richard, Chuck Berry and Carl Perkins. It was tight. As for yesterday night... it was pretty lame. I headed to the only American Bar I know (Harry's New York Bar) but was sadly disappointed by the crowd. There was a large group of tourists and a bunch of middle-aged peeps. The closest thing to fireworks were the flashes of digital cameras. Nonetheless, I still had a good time with my host brother and three of his best friends. His friends are hilarious.

No comments: